Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ayikho indlela lengayi ekhaya “There is no path that does not go a home”


I really don’t know when my sense of adventure and traveling took hold.  Ever since that point though I have not slowed down.  It is hard for me to tell people where I am from when they ask, “Where are you from?”  Oregon, Colorado, Austria, Arizona, now Swaziland.  All of these places have made up me in some form or another so I really can’t answer that question.  Sometimes I tell people Oregon, others I am from Arizona, and still that I am from Colorado, with a little Austria and currently Swaziland mixed into that.  The straight answer though?  I was born and raised in Oregon and began my adventure at 15 when we moved to Colorado. One thing is for certain though is that I would not be here without our Savior, Jesus Christ and trusting God’s path in all ways.  My loving and supportive parents and family, all my friends along this path who have all touched me in some way or another, and my better half, have all made this possible today.

“All my life I have seen where You’ve taken me, beyond all I have hoped and there’s more left unseen, there’s not much I can do to repay all You’ve done, so I give my hands to use.”  In the short 25 years I have been alive God continues to amaze me everyday with his works, what he has done and doing in my life and where he has brought me to today.  It is beyond belief that I am now in Swaziland to begin one of the greatest adventures of my life so far.  From my time in Austria where after high school I attended a Bible school, to college in Arizona and my time at Northern Arizona University to now, it is beyond all I have hoped or could dream of.  That is how I hope to live my life. To continue to give God my hands to use and be open to wherever he sends me and uses me.  Something that I have learned is to have an open heart, listen and be willing to go wherever He sends you.  Sometimes it may be a place you are uncomfortable in, but knowing where he brought me from and what He provided is what comforts me during the difficult times.  I cannot wait to share my adventures with everyone and the lessons learned as I continue to walk this path home from Swaziland.  Who knows where the next adventure will be and the fork in the road will take me but for now, it goes through Swaziland on the great continent of Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment